In the College of Natural Sciences, we value diversity of background as well as diversity of perspective by embracing a wide, inclusive definition of diversity, including: culture, ideas and approaches, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, geographic background, national origin, and religious and spiritual beliefs. We recognize our role as part of a broad community, and inclusive excellence requires a comprehensive approach and a long-term commitment.
With this in mind, the College embraces Colorado State University’s diversity statement and strives to adhere to its four key ideals:
- Broad and inclusive definition of diversity
- Inclusiveness and excellence are interdependent
- Everyone is responsible for inclusive excellence
- Inclusive excellence goes beyond numbers
The productivity and impact of the College is at its best when we operate with a spirit of respect, understanding, and inclusion. We strive each day to fulfill these ideals.
What is a diversity wheel?
A diversity wheel is a visual tool designed to showcase individual differences. In the College of Natural Sciences, we want to celebrate all our individual differences and showcase them as well.
- The Colorado-Wyoming Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (CO-WY AMP)
- Northern Colorado Bridge to Baccalaureate (B2B)
- Math Jam
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science
- Out in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (oSTEM)
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences (MANRRS)
- Triunfo Mentoring Program – Education and Outreach Center & El Centro