In the College of Natural Sciences, we value diversity of background as well as diversity of perspective by embracing a wide, inclusive definition of diversity, including: culture, ideas and approaches, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, geographic background, national origin, and religious and spiritual beliefs. We recognize our role as part of a broad community, and inclusive excellence requires a comprehensive approach and a long-term commitment.
With this in mind, the College embraces Colorado State University’s diversity statement and strives to adhere to its four key ideals:
- Broad and inclusive definition of diversity
- Inclusiveness and excellence are interdependent
- Everyone is responsible for inclusive excellence
- Inclusive excellence goes beyond numbers
The productivity and impact of the College is at its best when we operate with a spirit of respect, understanding, and inclusion. We strive each day to fulfill these ideals.
- Dean’s Faculty & Staff Success Program
- Funded DEI proposals to Chemistry, Mathematics, Psychology, and Statistics
- Spring 2022 Mini Grants for CNS Climate Grants
- Laurie Stargell – Faculty, Department Chair
- Brian Kalet – Faculty
- Corey Rosenburg – Faculty
- Erin Nishimura – Faculty
- Grant Schauer – Faculty
- Lubna Tahtamouni – Faculty
- Paul Laybourn – Faculty
- Hallie Febvre – Faculty
- Jessica Hill – Postdoctoral Fellow
- Robert Williams – Graduate
- Kacy Paul – Research Associate
- Timothy David – Office Admin
- Anais Miller – Admin Assistant II
- Amelia Stocking – Student
- Ester Sitorus – Student
- Hunter Ogg – Student
- Izabella Mastroianni – Student
- Kayla Stewart – Student
- Oscar Rodriguez-Perez – Student
- Humberto Vasquez-Esparza – Student
- Hannah Hubert – Student
- Meena Balopal – Professor
- Melinda Smith – Professor
- Chris Funk – Professor
- Shane Kanatous – Professor
- Debbie Garrity – Professor
- Lisa Angeloni – Professor
- Dale Lockwood – Assistant Professor
- Dan Sloan – Associate Professor
- Maddie Maher – Faculty/Staff
- Aramati Casper – Faculty/Staff
- Jennie Willis – Faculty/Staff
- Abbie Reade – Academic Success Coordinator
- Michael Antolin – Director LTER
- Marina Rodriguez – Student
- Beth Wittmann – Student
- Amy Prieto – Professor
- Nancy Levinger – Professor
- Megan Willis – Assistant Professor
- Carlos Olivo – Assistant Professor
- Delphine Farmer – Assistant Professor
- Claudia Boot – Analytical Resources Core
- Lynise Baker – Admin Assistant III
- Kelly Nieto – Student
- Brandaise Martinez – Student
- Amanda Kale – Student
- Chris Rom – Student
- Kate Kostenkova – Student
- Sam Miller – Student
Former math professor Aubrey Poore started Numerica at CSU in 1996. The company is now a global leader in the defense industry.
The Colorado State University Facility Fee Advisory Board (UFFAB) has accepted the Department of Chemistry’s proposal to create new lab spaces on the 3rd floor of the Chemistry Building.
The Department of Chemistry is excited to announce four new ASC certified concentrations: forensic chemistry, health sciences, environmental chemistry and sustainable chemistry.
A new study demonstrates the possibility of changing the identity of synapses between neurons through enzymatic means, with larger implications for studying diseases of the brain.
Are you looking for CSU DEI links?
- DEI Competencies
- CSU Asian Pacific American Cultural Center (APACC)
- CSU Black/African American Cultural Center (B/AACC)
- CSU El Centro
- CSU Pride Resource Center
- CSU Native American Cultural Center (NACC)
- CSU Student Disability Center
- CSU Women and Gender Advocacy Center (WGAC)
- CSU Rams Read
Are you looking for resources on Inclusion in STEM?
- Campus Climate and STEM Success
- Lab heads should learn to talk about racism
- To learn inclusion skills, make it personal, David Asai, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Toward Inclusive STEM Classrooms: What Personal Role Do Faculty Play?
- Project Biodiversify – tools for promoting diversity and inclusion in biology courses
- How Black Students Tend to Learn Science
- Challenges Faced by Black Nurses in the Profession: Q&A with an Advocate
- Toolkit for “Just Science” – guiding questions to explore the intersection of ethics, social justice and science
Are you looking for course-related DEI information?
Are you looking to report a violation?
- Connect with the Colorado State University System Reporting Hotline
- Report a Title IX violation
- Report to the Bias Reporting System
Are you looking for anti-racism resources?
- Anti-Racist Resources
- Critical Racial and Social Justice Education from Robin DiAngelo
- Culturally Responsive Leadership
Creating Accessible Presentations
- Good Fonts for Dyslexia
- How to Make your Presentations Accessible to All
- Making Your Talk Accessible
- A Note from Your Colleagues: Just Use a Microphone Already
- PowerPoint Accessibility
- Color Coding: Guide to Visually Accessible Presentations
- Tips for Making your Presentation Accessible