The College of Natural Sciences Spring 2023 Commencement ceremony will be held at 9:00 a.m. May 14, 2023 at Moby Arena.
Tickets are required for all guests over 2 years of age attending commencement. Graduates do not need a ticket. Each CNS graduate with a Spring 2023/Summer 2023 anticipated graduation date will be allotted six tickets. Students who are not a Spring 2023/Summer 2023 graduate but are planning to walk at the spring ceremony must RSVP by emailing email@example.com no later than Monday, March 27.
Tickets will be automatically emailed to graduates’ CSU email account from ramtix.colostate.edu on Friday, April 14. Students can also access their tickets through their RamTix account. Tickets are not replaceable and are not printable, nor do they have monetary value, and are single use only. Graduates can transfer their tickets to the guests they wish to attend on a smartphone.
Tickets are general admission only, we recommend guests arrive early for better seat selection. Doors open 1 hour prior to the ceremony beginning.
Additional information about accessing tickets can be found on CSU’s Commencement ticketing website. For questions about accessing tickets, contact RamTix@colostate.edu or (970)491-7267 (RAMS).
Download the CSU Alumni app as a resource for Spring 2023 information:
CSU Alumni app
Please visit the Colorado State University general Commencement website for all information (including the Graduation FAQ page).
Masks on campus: Colorado State University currently does not require masks to be worn in indoor areas on our Larimer County campuses. Wearing a mask will be a personal choice rather than a university requirement and we will respect everyone’s personal choice. For additional COVID-19 protocols please visit https://covid.colostate.edu/.
Planning to graduate? You will declare your intent to graduate on RamWeb when you register for your final semester of classes. Look for an email from Registrar’s Office providing information on completing a Graduation Contract.
More information on the Graduate School Commencement Ceremony.
- Location: Intramural Gym of Moby Arena (map)
- Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m.
- You must be checked in and lined up under the department sign for your major no later than 8:30 a.m.
At check in, please be in regalia and please arrive early, as this may be a time-consuming process with the large number of students graduating. You will pick up your walk card during the check in process before you line up. You will give your walk card to the announcer, who will read your name and honors.
There will be an opportunity for professional photographs of you in your regalia at Check-in.
- Bachelor’s degree graduates wear black caps and gowns.
- Cum laude graduates wear gold caps and gowns. You must have your Registrar’s letter to receive your gown.
- University Honors Program scholars wear green caps and gowns and bachelor’s stole.
- Caps (mortarboard caps) are one size fits most and are yours to keep. Graduates requiring sized caps must return them immediately after the ceremony in exchange for a souvenir cap.
- Tassels are gold and are yours to keep. Tassels are worn on the right side and moved to left during the ceremony.
Order your cap, gown and tassel in advance online via the commencement homepage and click Get Your Cap & Gown.
Online ordering for Spring 2023 Commencement is available now.
The deadline for ordering regalia is March 28, 2023.
Student who are only interested in regalia packages (no Alumni Association membership or benefits), please visit Jostens to place your order.
Cap, Gown, Hood & Tassel Pickup at Grad Fest:
- Regalia will not be shipped. Graduates must pick up their cap, gown, and tassel. Hoods are for masters and doctorate only.
- Cap, gown, hood, and tassel is not a rental; the package is kept by the graduate. No returns.
- All regalia distribution will take place at Grad Fest in the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center on the following days:
- Wednesday and Thursday, May 10 – 11, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- On Friday, May 12; regalia will be available for pick up prior to each Commencement ceremony line up, 8 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. in the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center.
- On Saturday, May 13; regalia will be available for pick up prior to each Commencement ceremony line up, 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. in the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center.
- Photo ID is required for pick-up!
CSU has a clear bag policy for Moby Arena. This means that all bags brought into the arena must be clear. Please find details on the policy at https://commencement.colostate.edu/media/sites/68/2018/10/Clear_Bag_Policy-10.03.18.pdf
Guest Entrance: Map
Tickets are required for the College of Natural Sciences Commencement ceremony. Information about accessing tickets can be found on CSU’s Commencement ticketing website. For questions about accessing tickets, contact RamTix@colostate.edu or (970)491-7267 (RAMS).
Guests – General information about locations and parking can be found here.
Accessibility: Maps for Moby Arena and accessible seating once inside the arena can be found here.
For questions, please contact us at (970) 491-1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students – Please contact us directly for accommodation requests at least one week prior to your Commencement ceremony.
Graduates receive a diploma cover at commencement. The actual diploma will be mailed to all graduates six to eight weeks after commencement. For those unable to attend the ceremonies, diploma covers are available in the Registrar’s Office at no charge. Please submit mailing requests via the Registrar’s eStore; the postage cost is $10.00 per cover for U.S. mailings.
GradImages® provides photographers for the ceremony. Following commencement, GradImages photographers will be circulating outside the commencement venue to capture additional candid photographs of our graduates with their loved ones. The GradImages staff will be wearing red vests, so they’ll be highly visible and easy to locate. Grab a red vest and snap some candid shots!
You may review photos for purchase online the week after commencement at www.gradimages.com. To receive an email when your photos are available, visit http://www.gradimages.com/Preregistration. For additional information, please contact (800) 261-2576 or email@example.com.
Please visit https://commencement.colostate.edu/graduation-faq/ for information pertaining to the purchase of graduation announcements.
It is illegal to bring alcoholic beverages into Moby Arena. Uniformed police officers, event staff, and faculty marshals will be in attendance when you enter the assembly area and throughout the ceremony. In accordance with Commencement policies, robes, purses, etc., may be inspected as you enter. Prohibited items are not allowed and will be confiscated. All attendees should refrain from using air horns.
Please Remember. . . The College Commencement Ceremony is the capstone of your academic experience at CSU. It is a public event that reflects upon you as an individual and the College and University as a whole. Your recognition of the rights of other students, their families, and their friends to enjoy the ceremony free from disruptive or otherwise inappropriate behavior is appreciated.