Richard M. Suinn
Chair and Professor Emeritus, Psychology
- Contact Department:Department of Psychology
- Education:Ph.D. Stanford, 1959. Joined CSU in 1968.
- Professional Activities:President, American Pschological Association, 1999; American Psychological Association Foundation, current; American Board of Professional Psychology, Board of Trustees, current
- Lifetime Special Recognition and Awards:APA Career Contribution to Education & Training, Who's Who in America, CSU Oliver Pennock Award for Administration-1983, Asian American Psychological Association Lifetime Achievement Award-1999, Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters, California School of Professional Psychology-1999, CSU Minority Distinguished Service Award-1992
- Interests/Activities in Retirement:Consulting with Olympic athletes for mental skills training, doing presentations on Psychological Interventions for Cancer, Heart Disease and Pain Management, mentoring of ethnic minorities, snow skiing, fishing, and tennis
Return to the CNS Emeritus/Emerita Directory