Create New Knowledge. Change the World.
“Our students are benefiting from hands-on research, technologically advanced teaching tools, collaborative environments, and effective new teaching methods, implemented by one of the finest Carnegie-class, research-intensive universities in the country.”
In the College of Natural Sciences, we develop solutions to many of today’s most pressing scientific challenges. Our researchers explore science through basic and applied research,, asking and answering some of the most fundamental, far-reaching questions about the world around us. Many other fields depend on the work that we do.
Here, undergraduates can take part in research that other universities might reserve for graduate students. They get to know their professors. They have a sense of belonging. They leave deeply trained, but also versatile – well-prepared for the ever-evolving job market or graduate school.
Learning takes place in all corners of the College:
- Experience living with the CNS Learning Community, a community of people who share your interest in science. As a student in the CNS Learning Community, you’ll live and work with scholars who will broaden your knowledge, assist you along your CSU path – and become your closest friends.
- Get to know our skilled and dedicated faculty members. These scholars will share their enthusiasm and their knowledge of cutting-edge science with you.
- Get involved with genuine research. Research is the engine that creates new knowledge, and involvement with a research project is the ultimate experience for a College of Natural Sciences student.
- Explore your passions with our CNS career counselor, who will help you put your experience to work. She can help you match your interests with a major and career, and direct you to internships or summer jobs.
- Find your fit by exploring the variety of student clubs and organizations in the College.
All applications to Colorado State University are handled by CSU Admissions – students do not apply directly to a college. During the application process, you can select a major (such as biology, psychology, etc.) as your primary interest. After that, we’ll get in touch with you with more information about your chosen area.
Explore the majors we offer and find your fit.
We’re glad you’ve visited us!