Scholarship Application Process
To apply for scholarships, follow the directions below and complete the CSU Scholarship Application (CSUSA), available online at ramweb.colostate.edu beginning December 1. The deadline to submit all application materials is March 1 at 11:00 p.m. (MST).
- Sign into RAMweb and click on ‘CSU Scholarship Application (CSUSA)’ link on the right under ‘Financial Information.’
- Complete the General Application portion – especially the Goals Statement, Extracurricular Activities, and Honors, Awards and Scholarships sections. The Scholarship Committee is particularly interested in your previous activities and achievements in the areas of math and science. Please list all of your activities, achievements, and awards completely. Be sure your Goals Statement clearly addresses the questions asked. Proofread these sections carefully and do not rely on your computer’s spell check! If you already completed these sections, you may return to make changes.
- Submit the General Application.
- Complete and submit the College’s Supplemental Application to be considered for specific opportunities.
- Review the Recommended Opportunities by hovering over ‘Opportunities’ and then selecting ‘Recommended.’ Opportunities with the word “Apply” next to them require additional information. If you are eligible for those scholarships, click the ‘Apply’ button to answer any remaining questions.
Remember, the online CSUSA application must be completed and all supplemental materials received by 11:00 p.m. on March 1. You may update or change your submitted General Application until March 1 at 11:00 p.m.
Letters of Recommendation
Several of the CNS scholarships require you to submit contact information in the CSUSA for one (1) individual who knows you well and can speak to your past academic accomplishments and your potential for future academic success. Remember to confirm your letter writer’s willingness to write a letter of recommendation before submitting the required contact information. Your contact will be required to submit a letter of recommendation online by March 1.
- If you are an incoming first-year student, the recommendation is taken very seriously and should address your academic record. The required letter must be from a teacher.
- If you are a current CSU student or a transfer student, your recommendation letter must be from a professor or GTA, preferably one in your major. College students should not use high school teachers as letter writers.
To allow your letter writer enough time, you should complete the Recommendation section by February 12.
The majority of merit scholarships offered by the College of Natural Sciences also require financial need. To be considered for these scholarships, students must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15. The FAFSA is available from Student Financial Services (www.sfs.colostate.edu).
Please contact the CNS Scholarship Coordinator at (970) 491-1948 or CNS_Scholarships@mail.colostate.edu.